SPAN Plus is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications. It is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in. It provides several additional features such as stereo and multi-channel analysis, PNG file export, spectrum smoothing, K-metering, real-time spectrum import/export and more.
The SPAN Plus 1.1 update includes the following changes:
– The number of “Import From” slots increased to 5.
– “dBFS.30” and “dBFS.15” metering options added.
– 1/9 and 1/12 octave smoothing options added.
– Increased “smoothed” graph drawing precision.
– Increased overall spectrum drawing precision.
– 65536 block size option added.
SPAN Plus 1.1 is still AU and VST only. Voxengo are looking into supporting the AAX format. In the meantime Pro Tools 11 users are best off with Blue Cat’s Patchwork or Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 to host the VST version of SPAN Plus. More info on the Span Plus 1.1 update can be found in the Span Plus press release. A free demo version can be downloaded from Voxengo’s website.