With the release of the new Mac Pro Apple has also updated Logic Pro X to version 10.0.5 and MainStage to 3.0.2.
Version 10.0.5 adds many stability and performance improvements to the workflow, alongside a lot of enhancements to the user interface, Drummer, Midi Editor, Score editor, plugins, the use of Video and Import/Export of files. Here’s a general overview of the new features and enhancements:
• Includes 3 new Drummers and 11 new Drum Kit Designer patches.
• Significant enhancements to Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ plug-ins, including:
– Redesigned, easier-to-use interface that’s also accessible within the Smart Controls area
– Double Precision processing provides more accurate filtering, especially for low frequencies
– Oversampling option improves high-frequency clarity
– Option to apply EQ only to stereo left, right, middle, or side signals
• There is now an option to set the Piano Roll to a light background color.
• Selected notes in the Piano Roll are now highlighted by a selection frame.
• When Logic is stopped or in Play mode, the glyph on the Metronome button in the control bar now illuminates to indicate that “Click while recording” is enabled.
• The Shuffle commands are improved (see Logic Pro X Help for details).
For a complete overview of what’s new, visit the Release notes page on Apple’s website. For more info on what’s new in MainStage 3.0.2 visit the Release Notes page on Apple’s website.