FilterShaper 3, the fantastic filter and modulation plug-in by Cableguys, has been updated to version 3.1.
The update contains some improvements to the waveform editing and the sound for the Sallen-key type filters when used with a high resonance. There’s also a couple of bugs squashed in this release.
– Improved waveform editing.
– The “Drive” parameter is ramped now.
– Improved sound of the new Sallen-Key type filters for high resonance values.
– Improved tuning for the 24db versions of the Sallen-Key type filters.
– The Envelope Followers did not work properly under Mac OS X.
– Triggering LFOs via MIDI could lead to clicks.
The update is free for existing users of FilterShaper 3. If you haven’t got FilterShaper 3, I recommend you test it by downloading a fully functional demo version, which is available for both Mac OS X and Windows. Watch this video to see FilterSHaper in action. Now if you’re a Pro Tools 11 user, Cableguys’ plug-ins run fine in Vienna Ensemble Pro or BlueCats Audio’s Patchwork. But I can’t ask this often enough. How about an AAX version Cableguys?