Best Service the company well known for their Sample Libraries and Virtual Instruments have released version 2.2 of their sample library host software.
Engine 2.2 has been greatly optimized on both Mac OS and Windows. According to Best Service great improvements have been added in terms of performance with the use of complex instruments. Unfortunately no AAX support has been added yet to version 2.2.
The list of changes in 2.2 is long. Here’s an excerpt with important improvements:
– Improved audio engine performance
– New Vandal insert effect with distortion, amp and cabinet simulation
– Improved impulse response engine
– Improved sound of modulation effects
– Increased number of custom controls (128)
– Ability to add more than one library at a time
– Better Core Audio support
– Fixed AU crashes in some host software
– Better mouse behavior and performance with VSTGUI 3.6 on Windows
Engine 2.2 can be downloaded from Best Service’s website.