Universal Audio announced the immediate availability of UAD version 7.4 software.
This new version introduces new plugins, the Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection and the Maag EQ4 by Brainworx.
The Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection models the famous Fairchild 670 and 660 compressor/limiters. These have been used on countless hit records and according to UA you can now bring their warm tube sound to your DAW with the plugin emulations. Watch Alan Parsons and other producers talk about the original hardware and the new plugins.
Also new in UAD 7.4 is the Maag EQ4 by Brainworx. This EQ plugin is modelled after the Cliff Maag designed NTI EQ3 hardware. According to UAD this EQ adds natural, musical presence to vocals, acoustic guitars, overheads and easily elevates top-end without harshness or hiss. Watch the Maag EQ4 plugin trailer.
Other Changes in version 7.4 are:
– (Mac) Driver enhancements to address -38 issues (Apollo, UAD-2 Satellite)
– (API Vision, Pultec Collection) Resolved issue causing high host CPU loads with large sessions
– (ENGL) Resolved issue where user settings could be incorrectly restored on session recall
– Resolved issue where UAD authorization could be requested twice
– (Fairchild) The original plug-in is renamed to “Fairchild 670 Legacy”
– (Mac) Resolved issue installing UAD software under OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0
– (Mac) OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is no longer qualified.
The Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection is available for $299 US and the Maag EQ4 plugin for $229 US. More information on the UAD 7.4 release can be found on Universal Audio’s website.