Version 1.0.4 of Beatstation will be welcomed by Pro Tools 11 users with support for AAX 64-bit. Toontrack advise all who run the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple to update to this new version of Beatstation.
New and fixed in Beatstation version 1.0.4:
– AAX support for Pro Tools 10.3.5 or above.
– when “Drag MIDI as Audio” was enabled, dragging MIDI could lead to a crash
if the sample rate was higher than 44.1 kHz.
– Beatstation could freeze when the Swing knob was rotated.
– In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window
could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
– Non-functional sound libraries should no longer be listed as available.
Next to Beatstation, Toontrack also updated EZmix to version 2.0.9 which is required for the support of EZmix packs released from this point forward (2014).
Fixed in EZmix version 2.0.9:
– Optimized CPU usage for presets that use an Octaver effect.
– In Audio Setup in the standalone on Mac, some audio device names were truncated.
– when using Save As in the 64-bit standalone host on Mac OS 10.7 or newer, there
were sometimes double dialogs asking if an existing file should be overwritten.
– The file name pattern is now correctly displayed as “*.ezmp” in the Save As dialog in
the standalone (previous versions had it as “*ezmp”).
– Loading EZmix in GarageBand X should now use the same location for user preferences
and favorites as when it was loaded in other hosts.
– small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
The updates are available free of charge for existing users from Toontrack’s website.